Reading Time: 3 minutes I think God wants us to invest deeply in things that we care about, whether that is sports, food, people, work, family, exercise, whatever. God doesn’t want us to give up on these things, but rather, he wants to be involved in all those things! So what does that look like? I want to look at a few things that we all invest in, and see how we can let Jesus in on these places.

Reading Time: 3 minutes Do you move away from others because you want to be safe and avoid hurt (isolation)? Or do you move towards others because you think you need them to live (immersion)? While most of us don’t tend to live at either of these extremes, we do tend towards independence or co-dependence. Where we are on the continuum varies within each relationship, but in most cases, the problems we have in relationships tend to fit one of three relational profiles.

Reading Time: 4 minutes Gossip can be fun to talk about sometimes (maybe a lot of the time). We do not want to be the one who doesn’t know what is going on or be out of the loop with the latest gossip. But what is gossip? And how do we battle gossip to make sure we do not destroy ourselves or our important relationships? Here are some tips I believe will help.

Reading Time: 3 minutes Most men like superheroes. We watched the cartoon versions, read comic books, and bought the t-shirts. I was inspired by the latest Marvel movie to look at the foundational stones of manhood from the story of David. David selected five smooth stones before he went into battle with Goliath. In my last article, I introduced courage as the first foundation stone of manhood. The second stone represents loyalty.

Reading Time: 5 minutes We all have a favorite hoody or outfit that makes us feel great. Fashion can shape how we feel and think about yourself. The sporty, classy or the casual can put us in a good mood. The world places a high value on our appearance and you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Jesus looks on the heart – He sees through all the layers and sees the real you.

Reading Time: 5 minutes How would you define ministry? Maybe you define ministry as leading or participating in a mid-week small group. Maybe ministry means volunteering to feed the homeless after church. Maybe ministry looks like giving up a week of paid vacation and instead of going on a mission trip to a foreign country. However, I am deeply persuaded – and deeply concerned – that our definition of ministry is too limited.